giovedì 26 gennaio 2017
11 skincare tips I've learnt throughout the years
1. Be consistent: wash and apply cream, especially at nighttime. You need to remove all that daytime grime.
2. Be gentle: be careful with your hands: use your fingertips to wash and to apply products and don’t put too much pressure nor tug and pull your preciousss skin. Take the time to massage the skin whenever you can.
3. Hair away from your face: as obvious as it sounds, my skincare regimen is a lot faster and easier since I use a headband.
4. Steam: using the steam to open up the pores before weekly treatments really makes a difference; I find my skin is lot clearer, smoother, glowy-er (is that even a word!?) and more receptive to following products.
5. Be a clean freak: change your face towel (and towels in general) and the pillowcase frequently, maybe twice a week. If you’re a real freak you’re gonna do this three times a week. OCD.
6. Double cleanse: usually I remove makeup with a cleansing oil and then wash with a cleanser. And I can see a noticeable difference.
7. Chemical peelings and acid toners: chemical exfoliation has been a huge game changer for me, it so much more effective than the mechanical one. Even though I still enjoy feeling the scrubbing particles slough off dead skin.
8. Take it all off: always, always take your slay face off. It is very important that your skin breathes throughout your sleep and gets all those treatments you’ve invested on because it’s the best time it regenerate itself.
9. Confession: I shave. Yes, you read that correctly. I’ve tried this method out of “desperation” because I was tired of getting irritation on my “moustache” area after waxing or tweezing. I ended up using it everywhere on my face to remove peach fuzz as well and if you do it carefully, you get amazing results. Ok, the hair grow back fast but the skin is exfoliated and so smooth!
10. Be happy: this is not an easy one, I get it, but when you’re happy it reflects on the outside as well! Of course, following an healthy lifestyle also helps.
11. Get to know your skin: don’t overload it with a s—ton of products but listen to it and learn which ingredients it loves. In my case it would be avocado oil, jojoba oil, aloe, zync, glycolic and lactic acid and I suspect the list could be longer.